The remains of the copper mine are 8-9 km east of Yset in Kvikne. The road is only open in summer time. The first ore was found here in 1629. As opposed to other copper mines of any importance there was very little activity here after 1800. This area is of great value as a historical document of the oldest mining period in the country. The mining area forms a landscape with partly weathered yellow ore heaps and mining caves which give this area very distinctive features. The buildings which were connected to the daily running of the mine are now owned privately. There are the remains of several houses and the wheel house. Here you will find the remains of water channels and dams connected to the water-driven equipment used by the mine in 1700. As a result of flooding and landslides in this old mine, there are few of the mine’s great galleries that are preserved. However, there are some smaller galleries and drifts that are preserved and safe enough to be viewed.