Føllingstua is located in beautiful surroundings at the southern end of Lake Snåsa, 200 m from the E6 motorway, 14 km north of Steinkjer. The camping site is peaceful and situated on a grass field, close to the shore, with a path leading down to, and along the beach. A nice place for families, with a playground, canoes for hire, and barbeque facilities.
Føllingstua offer accommodation in cabins, rooms and pitches for motor homes and caravans with access to electricity.
Cabins, rooms and pitches
- 13 cabins: 7 cabins of high standard (either with one bedroom + loft or 2 bedrooms and ready made beds) - fully equipped kitchen, shower / WC and TV, as well as six basic cabins
- 3 double rooms; 1 room with private toilet and refrigerator, and 2 rooms with mini kitchen and washbasin (shared bathroom and toilet).
- 65 pitches for caravans and motorhomes. Tent area.
- There is WIFI available throughout the campsite.
Dining and local food restaurant
Føllingstua offer an exciting menu with local and organic ingredients. 2 of the favourites on teh menu are warm-smoked honeyd salmon and wild game casserole.
Café, kiosk and dinner service in summer season (10.6 - 20.8), outside of the season by agreement only.
Other facilities: Grill hut. Barbecue area by the lake. Marina. Guest pier. Swimming area. 9 hole mini golf course by the lake. Dogs allowed in cabins and rooms. Well marked hiking trails in the area. Opportunities for both bird watching and bird listening (large amounts of pink-feet geese landing at Snåsavatnet in the spring).
Experience Lake Snåsavatnet - Fishing and boat rental
Lake Snåsavatnet is North Trøndelag's largest and most important fishing lake. Føllingstua offer sale of fishing licenses for Lake Snåsavatnet and rental of boats and canoes. There is very good fishing right outside the campsite with trout, char and lake.
Bring your kayak or rent a canoe, rowboat and get a good experience on Norway's sixth largest lake. Føllingstua offer the following boats for rent:
- Motor boat - 16 feet
- Row boat with the possibility of renting a EL motor
- 2 canoes
Føllingstua Camping want to contribute to sustainable development in tourism in Norway and is Green Key sertified.