Tinn has many beautiful churches. Atrå church dates back to 1836. The church is beautifully decorated with floral paintings by the talented local painter, Øystein Orekås. Mæl church was built in 1839 and Hovin church in 1850. Dal church was built in 1775 and is the oldest church in the district. There were stave churches at all these locations previously. Austbygde church was completed in 1888, While Rjukan church dates back to 1915.
Rjukan church has a dramatic past. In 1927, there were terrible floods in Rjukan. There were lots of rockslides that crashed down the mountainsides and one of these swept the vicarage and a corner of the church away. The next episode was in 1953, when the ceiling collapsed, but fortunately no one was inside the church at the time. The latest thing to happen was in 1965, when the film "The Heroes of Telemark" was being made. One of the scenes was shot inside the church and a fire broke out during the same evening. Everything inside the stone walls that could burn, did. The church was subsequently rebuilt and refurbished in a modern style.
Frøystul Sportskapell is situated on the Hardangervidda mountain plateau. This building used to be the billiard room at Krokan Fjellhytte, before it was moved - and consecrated. Skirva Fjellkirke is situated on the edge of Hardangervidda. This church is quite a modern building and also has a lounge with an open fireplace, bedsits and a hobby room.