Sæbø camping is located in Øvre Eidfjord, app. 300 m from the main road (Rv 7) from Oslo to Bergen.
The campsite is situated in beautiful and quiet surroundings between high mountains by the shore of Lake Eidfjord. The site covers an area of 30.000m2. 2/3 is camping area, the rest is covered by forest. The terrain is flat with open grass-fields split up by small groups of trees. Next to the site runs the salmon- and trout-river Bjoreio.
Øvre Eidfjord is the last settlement before the road rises up to Hardangervidda, the largest mountain plateau in Europe, and a good starting point for hiking in the mountains. The famous Hardangervidda Natursenter is located 500 m from Sæbø Camping.
Summer: Rowing boats and canoes for rent, playground, trails, angling in the lake and in the river.
Winter: 10 km from slalom slopes, floodlight trails.
The service-building contains:
* Reception and kiosk. Fresh bread every morning
* Separate cabinets w/sinks, hot and cold running water and el. outlet.
* Showers cabinets w/hot and cold water(coin-automates). Heated floor.
* Facilities for disabled persons, shower and toilet.
* Family room and changing room for babies. Heated floor.
* Laundry-room with washing machine, cloth dryer(automates)
* Dish-washing room.
* Camping-kitchen w/stove, oven, workbench and sinks for dish-washing.
* Room for disposal of chemical toilets and outlet-water from caravans.
* Freshwater for caravans
Last updated: 04/15/2022
Source: Destination Hardanger Fjord AS